Tuesday 21 June 2011

Mon Anniversaire! Bon Anniversaire!

Well, today I’m another year older which as anyone who’s getting older will appreciate is not necessarily something to celebrate.......unless......you receive beautiful flowers by delivery and get taken for steak tartare by your husband! :)  21st June is also a celebration in France - at least in this area - it's called "Fete de la Musique" - a celebration of the summer solstice so I really do feel spoiled - everywhere I turn there's a fete today - just for me!!!


The flowers are stunning (photo above) and were sent by my father - the only glitch was that the nearest town with an Interflora didn’t know where we were so ‘quelle horreur’ I had to answer my phone in France which had a real french person (quelle surprise) on the other end wanting directions (in french) to our home - I muddled through and now have a beautiful bouquet to admire!  The very gracious french lady that delivered the flowers said the directions were ‘parfait’ - as I’ve already mentioned, the french are very gracious!
I have also received notification that I am soon to be the proud owner of the most beautiful purple (“prune” on french amazon where it was ordered from) Kitchenaid mixer from Tony which I’ve been hankering after for some time not thinking that I’d ever actually own it because for some reason “prune” coloured kitchenaid mixers are far more expensive than any other colour - but here I am the (soon to be) proud owner of a prune coloured mixer - when it arrives, I see the garden having to do without my weeding skills as I shall have to spend quite alot more time in the kitchen!
Birthdays are also a time to reflect on how blessed we truly are - I’ve received the most wonderful array of messages via snail mail, facebook, e-mail, phone and text (thank you to everyone for turning another good day into a truly spectacular day) - it really does detract one from the thought that you’re getting older and instead focuses one on the fact that we’re all phenomenally blessed - I personally feel that way because I woke up today with my health pretty well intact and a circle of chums in different parts of the globe all hopefully raising a glass in my direction!  Rest assured I’m raising one right back and wishing you all “sante” (health) as they say over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment