Saturday 30 July 2011

Tasteful Wasp killers.....


Photos above and below of the 3 very tasteful wasp and hornet killers bought by my sister and delivered by my mother.
Having installed them just this morning (one in the fig tree, one on the well and one just outside our front door) I can report and as can be evidenced from the photos all 3 are doing a marvellous job of luring the wasps and hornets in with my very sugary elderflower cordial!
To get in, the wasps and hornets have to fly up through the bottom (and then can’t get out the top which is sealed) and they’re working very well.  Thankfully (apparently) bees can’t fly up like that so the bees are protected which is good as bees are the gardeners friend!
Once my sister and family have arrived, and we’re frolicking outdoors in the sunshine, we shall see how effective they are at keeping the nasty creatures away from us.




No comments:

Post a Comment